Thursday 6 October 2011

In Memoriam: Steve Jobs (1955-2011)


"3 apples changed the world: 1st seduced Eve, 2nd felll on Newton and he 3rd was offered half bitten one by Steve Jobs"

I'm not a Twitter addict- but i think today Steve Jobs has become a trending topic there. Well, guess it's not only on Twitter, but throughout the world. Frankly, I don't know much about him. I only got to know who he's when I searched for some design-quotes for a friend. "Design is not just what it looks like and feels. Design is how it works."
Still, he doesn't mean anything to me- but at least i know who he is- & I know he's a big man.

His death makes the world shocking. Just like in any other social media, today he's widely spoken on Facebook. He must be a great man, an exceptional figure. Everyone shows his/her respect of what he's done, not only about his work but also about his being. So, it's tickling me to find more about him.

Born on February 24, 1955, Steve was soon adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. Honestly, his biography which I read on http://allaboutstevejobs.com/bio/timeline/timeline.html is a bit boring, or maybe cuz my mind is wandering somewhere else. Better I read that another day. Anyway, here's a great quote from him spread around Facebook today: "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own good inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Farewell Steve Jobs, the world is immeasurably better because of you..




1 comment:

  1. 3 Apples changed the world, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton and 3rd was offered to the world half bitten by Steve Jobs.

    RIP Steve Jobs, the world will always remember you.

    ReplyDelete