Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Tadinya sama sekali ga 'ngeh' that today is "Mother's Day"-- cuz in Indonesia, we celebrate "Hari Ibu" on December 22nd. Pas buka Fb, eh banyak banget post related to Mother's day. Maklum, I've got many friends from all over the world, they celebrate it on the second Sunday of May. Langsung dah, inget mom-- it's not that I don't miss her everyday, it's just, sometimes I miss her more than the other days.

Here's a poem I found called "Her Hands"-- it captures my thoughts about my mom's hands.

Her hands held me gently from the day I took my first breath
Her hands helped to guide me as I took my first step.
Her hands held me close when the tears would start to fall.
Her hands were quick to show me that she would take care of it all.

Her hands are now twisting with age and years of work.
Her hand now needs my gentle touch to rub away the hurt.
Her hands are more beautiful than anything can be.
Her hands are the reason I am me.

~ Maggie Pittman

My mom's hands told so many stories.. the many meals she cooked, the clothes she mended, the works she did, and I'm sure the many hours hands spent folded in prayers for her daughters.

So, a special Happy Mother's Day to all mothers around the world. "Thank you" seem hardly adequate for everything you have done.

To my own mother, missing you most... 

No comments:

Post a Comment